Project Registration Guidelines
- Each project is equally important to us, and your donations truly make this event unique. However, due to the incredible amount of community support and dedication, this event continues to grow each year. Thus, it is not feasible for all donated items to be displayed in the early viewing at the Hyatt. A selection committee will make final decisions on the projects to be showcased. (Please note that all items will be beautifully displayed at the event.) If your project has been chosen for early viewing at the Hyatt, you will be notified by an event volunteer or staff member of the Center. Set-up dates for the selected items will be will be the first Thursday and Friday of November. In order to avoid interfering with the day to day operations of the Hyatt, you will be given a scheduled date and time to set up your project. Please contact Charlotte Pietsch to schedule your set-up time. Additionally, all Festival Of Trees participants are asked to enter and exit the hotel from the service delivery entrance and follow all parking requests made by Hyatt staff. Volunteers will be available to escort you through the hotel and help you carry in your items. We have been asked by the Hyatt to be as quiet, discreet, and inconspicuous as possible so as not to disturb staff or guests.
- Please keep all the boxes and packaging that accompany your project for use after the event. Boxes and packaging will be collected and stored in order to deliver the items to the new owner and ensure that all decorations are included and intact.
- All trees must be artificial and fire retardant.
- All ornaments and decorations must be wired onto the tree in order for the tree to be moved and displayed without damage. Please use a pre-lit tree or have your lights attached and decorations already strung on wire prior to arriving at the Hyatt, in order to complete the decorating in the time available for staging.
- Trees, decorations, and any items placed under the tree are considered part of the project to be auctioned or raffled. Please consider including a tree skirt or decorations under your tree to mask electrical wires and dollies used in set-up.
- Keep in mind, as you create your "gift of love,” that your project’s title should be descriptive and reflect the themes of the item or decorations featured. The title of your project and a brief description should be included on the project registration form.
- If you need assistance with writing a description for your project for use in event materials, please let us know. Please include your donor/business name, a few comments about your project, and the decorations included in order to help creating a project title and description. For example, if you are using hand-made ornaments, or if your ornaments are antique, include such information on your project registration form.
- A donation receipt will be given to you. Please try to be as accurate as you can when estimating the total value of your project. Include the decorations, lights and any other items that you may have included in your project. This dollar amount is important to the Center, and can be used as an in-kind tax donation for filing purposes.
The project registration deadline is typically in early November, and the exact date will be marked on the project registration form. Please submit the project registration form by mail or email to:
Attn: FOT-Charlotte Pietsch
Family Crisis Center
P.O Box 736
Bastrop, Texas 78602
Thank you for sharing your time, talent, and support. It's people like you who make the Festival Of Trees a success!